Cost Effective and High Quality
EB Industries is a leading laser beam welding service provider delivering high quality, mission critical parts to customers all across the US. We have laser welded millions of parts and assemblies for customers in a multitude of industries, including critical medical and aerospace applications. We are ISO 13485:2016 and AS9100 certified, have full engineering and metallurgy capabilities, and our extensive pre and post processing services make us an excellent subcontractor and value added partner to our customers.
Application Advantages of Laser Welding
Deep Weld Penetration – Weld penetration can be closely controlled, and ranges from a minuscule 0.005 inches to a depth of up to 0.25 inches.
Micro Part Welding – Given the small and precise nature of the laser beam, very small and very thin materials can be easily joined. This includes welding of foils, stents, sensor diaphragms, and surgical instruments.
Low Heat – Pulsed lasers can minimize the amount of heat applied to a part, thus helping to keep critical electronics and other components cool.
Dissimilar and Crack Sensitive Material Welding – Laser welding can join dissimilar materials and also crack sensitive materials.
No Vacuum Requirement – Laser welding does not require the parts be in a vacuum, which can result in faster production cycles.
High Feed Rates – Laser welding can occur at feed rates up to 200 inches per minute, which is much faster than conventional welding processes such as MIG and TIG. High feed rates mean faster welds and lower costs.
Quality Management for Laser Beam Welding
At EB Industries we are trusted to handle the laser welding for mission critical applications in the Aerospace and Medical industries that require extremely low failure rates. As a result, EB Industries maintains the highest levels of quality standards to ensure our welds meet the uncompromising requirements of our customers. We are ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001:2015/AS9100 certified, have full engineering and metallurgy capabilities, and our extensive pre and post processing services make us an excellent subcontractor value for many of our customers.
Because we handle the Laser Welding for many critical applications in the Aerospace and Medical industries that require extremely low failure rates, EB Industries maintains the highest levels of quality.
- ISO 9001:2015/AS9100 certified organization delivering international quality standards.
- ISO 13485:2016 certified for Medical Devices
- Services delivered in compliance with the aerospace quality system AC7110/3 Rev. E and AC7004 standards.
- Full quality control and inspection system in compliance with MIL-I-45208A.
- Metrology program in accordance with MIL-C-45662A standards.
All our Laser welding technicians are highly trained and average 12 years of experience. Additionally, they are supported by full engineering and maintenance staff, a dedicated quality control department and an in-house machine shop.
We have a variety of laser welding systems with different beam and control characteristics, which allow us to handle a wide range of applications. In addition to computer controlled equipment, we also have manual lasers welding systems, glove boxed systems, etc.
- IPG Photonics YLS-4000 4kW Ytterbium fiber laser with power ratings from 400W to 4kW, with both continuous wave (CW), and pulsed operating modes. Workstation has 4 axis of CNC motion as well as wobbler optics.
- Trumpf TruLaser Cell 3000 with 4kW Trumpf TruDisk 4001 fully automated production laser welding system. Workstation has 5 axis of CNC motion.
- IPG YLR-450/4500-QCW – 4,500W peak power and 450W average power laser welding system. EBI custom designed state-of-the-art laser workstation, 4 axis of CNC motion.
- Trumpf HL-304 – 350W Nd:YAG Laser with Aerotech 3200 4 axis Workstation/li>
- Multiple laser tacking systems by Trumpf and LaserStar with power up to 200W.
- Lumonics JK 701H – 550W Nd:YAG with Aerotech 3200 4 axis workstation.
- Raytheon SS550 – 400W Nd:YAG with Allen Bradley 8400 4-Axis Control, 3D Compound Curvature Capable
Laser welded parts often require additional assembly steps before and after the actual weld. We offer a full suite of pre and post processing services.
- CAD/CAM Product Design and Weld Design
- Tooling Design & Fabrication
- Parts Cleaning & Assembly
- Strategic Sourcing and Subcontractor Contract Management
- Metallurgic Evaluations
- Leak Testing
- Destructive and Non-Destructive Testing
- Post Weld Thermal Treatment