Aerospace & Defense Welding
EB Industries has long had a passion for the precision welding challenges of the Aerospace and Defense industries. We have successfully met aerospace welding requirements for a variety of product categories including commercial aircraft, military aircraft, space vehicles, satellites, rockets, missiles and weapon systems to name a few. Since our earliest days of providing parts to the Apollo missions, we have been dedicated to our Aerospace & Defense customers.
Aerospace & Defense Industry Challenges
The Aerospace and Defense industries have many unique requirements that can be specifically fulfilled by EB Industries.
Exotic Materials – Pushing the limits of design, many Aerospace and defense applications have requirements to weld many different alloys and exotic materials. We have experience working with many different materials including aluminum, Inconel, stainless steels, Waspaloy, Titanium. For a complete list, see our weldable materials page.
Complex Joint Designs – The unique characteristics of Electron Beam and Laser Welding often make it the ideal joining method for complicated parts and assemblies. Our engineers have been working with customers for decades designing weld joints and efficient assembly processes. We also have a wide array of different welding technologies in house (EB, Laser, TIG) to be a one stop source for quality weld design and fabrication.
Hermetic Sealing of Sensitive Electron Equipment – Flight and mission critical electronics often need to be hermetically sealed in packages that can protect expensive electronic components from a harsh external environment. EB Industries expertise with using precision CNC controlled lasers in a glove box controlled environment is unmatched in the industry.
High Quality Standards – Mission critical or flight critical components simply cannot fail. EB Industries has designed our business around welding and testing processes that essentially eliminate the chances of weld defects impacting completed parts or assemblies. In addition to meeting the standards of ISO 9001:2015/AS9100D, MIL-SPEC 45208A, and NADCAP, we also have been certified by some of the biggest names in the industry including Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and others. For a complete list, see our industry certifications page.
Part Heat Sensitivity – Many alloys used for aerospace and defense applications have high thermal conductivity and/or crack sensitivity which can make them difficult to weld. A small heat affected area is one of the key benefits to our Laser and EB welding services, as opposed to TIG and other techniques. We also utilize specialized heat sinking techniques to keep parts protected from warping and cracking.
Our Equipment and Expertise
At EB Industries, we believe the best way to serve our customers is to have an array of welding equipment available to meet the varied requirements of our customers. We also have multiple redundant systems and operators such that our production capability is never compromised.
- Three 150 KV Hamilton Standard Electron Beam welders with a maximum chamber size of 36″ high x 36″ wide x 76″ in length.
- IPG Photonics YLS-4000 continuous wave Ytterbium fiber laser with power ratings from 400 W to 4 kW with both continuous wave (CW), and pulsed operating modes.
- Lumonics JK 701H – 550 Watt Nd:YAG with PPL 4-Axis Laser Operating Control System Including Coordinated 3-Axis Concurrent Motion.
- Raytheon SS550 – 400 Watt Nd:YAG with Allen Bradley 8400 4-Axis Control, 3D Compound Curvature Capable.
- Trumpf HL-304 – 350 Watt Nd:YAG Laser with Aerotech 3200 4 Axis Workstation.
- Multiple laser tacking systems by Trumpf and LaserStar with power ranges up to 50 Watts.
- All welders are equipped with enhanced computerized controls and CNC capabilities which allow us to tightly control the characteristics of the beam as well as the movement of the work piece.
- Machines are operated by a dedicated and highly trained staff. Our operators have an average of 15 years of experience and undergo constant retraining and certification.
For more information on our equipment, please click here.
With 50 years of experience, EB Industries has extensive experience working with a wide array of parts and components in the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
|Anti-Backlash Assemblies||Auxiliary Inlet Vane Assemblies|
|Bellows Assemblies||Bobbin Housing Assemblies|
|Check Valve Assemblies||Core & Rod Assemblies|
|Gas Bottle Weld Assemblies||Gears and Gear Train Assemblies|
|Linear Actuators||Landing Gear Struts|
|Mount Plate Assemblies||Motor Brakes|
|Niobium Targets||Phase Shifters|
|Pyro Valves||Regulator Assemblies|
|Rocket Nozzles||Satellite Propellant Valves|
|Sensing Assemblies||Target Holder Assemblies|
|Transducer Housing||Trigger Assemblies|
View our Parts Showcase by clicking here.
Aerospace and Defense requires tight quality controls due the mission and flight critical aspects of our customers parts and assemblies. EB Industries utilizes a quality system that meets the highest industry standards. The accreditation and certifications what we have earned over the years prove our reputation and commitment to quality.
- We are an ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D and NADCAP-certified organization delivering international quality standards.
- All our welding equipment and operators meet the requirements of the MIL-STD-1595A, AMS-STD-1595A, and AWS D17.1:2000 specifications.
- Our quality control and inspection system is in compliance with the MIL-I-45208A standard and metrology program in accordance with MIL-C-45662A standards.
- We have a long history of meeting proprietary or customer-specified quality standards.
- Our customers say the cleanliness of our facility, and our commitment to quality is unmatched in the industry.
For more information on our quality system, please click here
Add on Services
In addition to welding, Aerospace and Defense parts often require addition processing. EB Industries offers a wide array of services that make us a one stop shop for all your welding related services.
Pre Processing –
- CAD/CAM Product Design and Weld Design
- Tooling Design & Fabrication
- Package Assembly
- Strategic Sourcing and Subcontractor Contract Management
Post Processing –
- Metallurgic Evaluations
- Leak Testing
- Radiographic Inspection
- Non Destructive Testing
- Electrical Testing
For more information on our Add On Services please click here
Rapid Quotations and Access to Experts
If you would like to learn more or get a quotation please feel free to give us a call at 888-978-7035, or click here to fill out an online quotation request form.
At EB Industries we believe the best solutions come from collaboration with our customers. For this reason we make our engineers available to you as early in the design process as possible. Give us a call and ask to speak with one of our engineers.