A brief video overview of EB Industries
EB Industries at a Glance
- Founded in 1965
- 16,000 square-foot custom designed facility
- 7,000 square-foot shop floor
- 650 square-foot FOD/ESD Controlled Environment Certified to Class 100,000 clean-room standards (US Fed STD 100,000 / ISO 14644-1 ISO 8)
- Full in-house machine shop and tooling capabilities
- Lean manufacturing practices
- Located within 25 miles of 2 international airports
- Expedited (including same day) turn-around available
- 40+ full time employees
- NADCAP Welding Certification
- NADCAP Aerospace Quality System Certification
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 13485:2016
- AMS 2680C
- AMS 2681B
- C7110/3 Rev. E
- AWS D17.1:2000
Approved / Customers
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- Applied Materials
EBI is on 118 documented approved supplier lists
Electron Beam Welding
- Power range up to 15 kilowatts
- Chamber capacity up to 36″x36″x72″
- Automated rapid vacuum cycling
- CNC tables for semi to fully automated production
- Custom designed computer controls of all weld parameters and data logging
Laser Welding and Cutting
- Power range from 25 to 4000 watts
- Nd:YAG, Fibre and Disc lasers ranging from 25 to 4000 watts of pulsed or continuous power
- 2D and 3D with 5 axis of manual or semi-automated processing
- ESD and FOD safe environments and workstations
- Controlled environment (<10PPM oxygen & moisture, inert gas filled) Glove Box Workstations
Engineering and Quality Control
- Full CAD/CAM design
- Metallurgy and metrology lab
- Full in-house machine shop for custom tooling development
- In-house sectioning lab for destructive testing
- Digital and conventional visual inspection equipment, full documentation Integrated quality and leak testing
- Mass spectrometer leak testing, pressure bombing, digital x-ray capabilities
Engineering and Customer Service: that’s our Culture
EB Industries was founded in 1965 by George DeLalio. At the time, electron beam welding was a new technology, and EB Industries was a pioneer in the industry. Early work for the company included welding parts for the various Apollo spacecraft and partnering with the major OEM aerospace and defense manufacturers of the time. Mr DeLalio, an aeronautical engineer with a degree from Purdue University, established in the fledgling company a strong engineering and customer service culture that has been the foundation of EB Industries’ long term success.
As EB Industries grew, the company moved to a 16,000 square-foot building. The custom designed facility houses a large shop floor, a class 100,000 FOD ESD controlled environment, a fully equipped machine shop, testing areas, quality and metallographic labs as well as administrative offices.
Laser welding capabilities were added in 1984, in response to demand from the medical device and microelectronics industries. Laser welding is a perfect complement to electron beam welding, allowing EBI’s engineers to utilize whichever process is best for the customer’s requirement and time constraints while maintaining top quality and cost effectiveness.
A decade later, the company pioneered yet again, and began offering Laser Hermetic Sealing. Hermetically sealed packages are used to protect sensitive components in harsh environments – from outer space to within the human body. Laser hermetic sealing provides tremendous protection in a wide variety of packaging configurations that are not only rugged but typically light weight. Laser hermetic sealing is also a very fast process, with turn around typically under half a day.
In 1993, Steven DeLalio, son of the founder, took over as president. Steve has degrees in computer science, and combined that with his hand-on knowledge of both electron beam and laser beam welding to develop much of the welding automation and control systems in use at EBI.
In 2000, Mr DeLalio led the company into adopting a Lean Manufacturing methodology. This was a major re-engineering of virtually everything, from quoting to manufacturing to shipping. The result is that EB Industries has perhaps the fastest turn around time in the industry, along with a quality management system that is the backbone of our NADCAP, AS9100 and ISO certifications.
In 2013, EBI launched a strategic investment initiative aimed to expand company capabilities to better serve the needs of customers. This program included adding additional equipment and capabilities, growing our workforce, and expanding the size of our shop floor.
In 2017, EBI expands services to include supply chain and project management, testing, assembly, and additional engineering depth.
As the decade closes and a new one begins, EB Industries continue to innovate, now in terms of automation and testing, ensuring that EBI customers get the highest quality welded parts in the fastest time frame possible.
Our greatest asset is our people and our culture. Our team has a diverse set of skills from a wide array of different manufacturing areas and industries. We have a passion for the quality of your parts and a desire to solve your toughest joining challenges.
Steve DeLalio, President
Cory Yaeger, Project Manager
Frank Pignatelli, Production Manager
Jim Fox, Engineering Manager
Dominic Rocco, Sales Engineer
Marisol Rodriguez, Customer Support Liaison