In addition to having a very high-powered laser mounted to a workstation of exceptional speed and accuracy, the system has many other features which make it a dream to operate. Most of these features allow EB Industries to quickly change over between jobs, minimizing setup and keeping the system working on your parts for fast turn around.
- The work chamber can be accessed from multiple points, which allows the development of efficient workflows that fit the requirements of the particular job.
- Programming is intuitive and fast, with many complex aspects, such as beam focusing, handled automatically.
- Programming can happen on the work piece itself, making the process fast and precise.
- Dual purpose laser head means cutting and welding can be combined in one operation – imagine cuts and welds accomplished in one pass.
Laser cutting, in both 2D and 3D, is one of the system’s strongest assets. The TruDisk 4001 has tremendous power and high efficiency, and can cut many different materials, including highly reflective metals like copper and brass, which are notoriously difficult to cut with a laser. Below is a table listing some common cutting statistics, but this is by no means complete – what can be successfully cut depends on many factors.
|Material||Processing Gas||Max. Material Thickness||Max. Cutting Speed|
|Mild Steel||Oxygen||0.315 inch (8 mm)||6.2 inch/sec (9.5 m/min)|
|Mild Steel||Nitrogen||0.157 inch (4 mm)||25.6 inch/sec (39 m/min)|
|Stainless Steel||Nitrogen||0.157 inch (4 mm)||27.6 inch/sec (42 m/min)|
|Aluminum||Nitrogen||0.157 inch (4 mm)||3.1 inch/sec (20 m/min)|
Our TruLaser Cell 3000 is capable of fast and accurate cutting and welding in 2 dimensions (2D). Typical applications include:
- welding pins in medical devices
- flat sheet cutting
- cutting battery bus bars
- butt welding medical instruments
- laser etching
However, because the system has 5-axis control and is capable of welding in 3 dimensions (3D) the possibilities are expanded substantially. Consider the following possibilities:
- Cutting holes, shapes and slots in stamped parts such as precision electrical enclosures or auto parts
- Welding complex medical instruments and implants, machined with 5 axis,and now welded with 5 axis
- Welding formed metal boxes traditionally welded by hand
- Welding wave guides in complex shapes and unique metal combinations not previously possible due to limitations of the traditional dip brazing process
- Quickly cutting pipe for bevel or saddle weld joints
As you can tell, our enthusiasm about our new Trumpf system and being able to provide new capabilities to you is very high. We’re already up and running – it helps to have highly experienced laser welding and maintenance people on staff when you want to get going fast. If you would like to learn more, or would like to give us a tough job to consider, please see our Laser Cutting Services page, or call us at 1-631-293-8565. We’d be delighted to discuss your requirement and help you find a solution.