Electronics Welding – Semiconductor, Microelectronics, Fiber Optics
EB Industries has been providing precision welding services to manufacturers of electronics devices for decades. Our expertise with laser welding and hermetic sealing make us ideally suited to weld packages and enclosures for sensitive devices. We also have extensive experience welding electronic components such as connectors, terminal ends, and electrical feedthroughs to name a few.
Electronics Industry Challenges
Welding electrical components, devices, and equipment has challenges and unique requirements that can be specifically fulfilled by EB Industries.
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Safe – Stray electrical currents can cause severe damage to sensitive electrical equipment. For this reason, EB Industries works on electrical equipment in one of our two redundant ESD safe rooms. Additionally, our staff is continually trained to industry standards for the safe and proper handling of electrical equipment and circuit boards.
Minimize Heat and Electrical Charge – Many types of welding bombard assemblies with massive amounts of heat and electrical charge which can damage sensitive components and circuit boards. At EB Industries, we utilize pulsed lasers to weld material in close proximity of electrical components. Pulsed lasers apply a minimal amount of heat which can be closely controlled dimensionally. Lasers also do not apply any electrical current to a piece being welded.
Hermetic Sealing to Protect Devices from Harsh Environments – Electronics often end up in exceptionally harsh physical environments. From the battle field to outer space, EB Industries‘ laser hermetic sealing services have been protecting our customers’ circuitry for decades. Our inert environment glove boxes allow us to laser seal parts for long life and durability.
Exotic Materials – Many materials that are good at conducting electrical current also good at conducting heat, which can create problems when welding. We have experience working with the many different materials that are used in electronics such as copper, gold, and kovar. For a complete list, see our weldable materials page here.
High Quality Standards – Electronic equipment can be very expensive and easily damaged by heat and stray electrical currents. EB Industries has designed our business around welding and testing processes that essentially eliminate the chances of a weld damaging circuits and components. In addition to meeting the standards of ISO 9001:2015/AS9100D, MIL-SPEC 45208A, and NADCAP, we also have been certified by some of the biggest names in the industry. For a complete list, see our industry certifications page here.
Our Equipment and Expertise
At EB Industries, we believe the best way to serve our customers is to have an array of welding equipment available to meet the varied requirements of our customers. We also have multiple redundant systems and operators such that our production capability is never compromised.
- Pacific Precision Labs LSS900 Glove Box Laser Welding system with Lumonics JK 701H Laser
- MBRAUN Lab Master 130 LW Glove Box Laser Welding System with Lumonics JK 7701H Laser
- Lumonics JK 701H – 550 Watt Nd:YAG with PPL 4-Axis Laser Operating Control System Including Coordinated 3-Axis Concurrent Motion
- Raytheon SS550 – 400 Watt Nd:YAG with Allen Bradley 8400 4-Axis Control, 3D Compound Curvature Capable
- Trumpf HL-304 – 350 Watt Nd:YAG Laser with Aerotech 3200 4 Axis Workstation.
- Multiple laser tacking systems by Trumpf and LaserStar with power ranges up to 50 Watts
- Machines are operated by a dedicated and highly trained staff. Our operators have an average of 12 years of experience and undergo constant retraining and certification.
For more information on our equipment, please click here.
- EB Industries has extensive experience working with a wide array of electrical components, circuitry, enclosures and assemblies.
- Vacuum Feedthroughs
- RF Amplifiers / Converters
- DROs (Dielectric Resonator Oscillators)
- FCXO (Frequency Controlled Crystal Oscillators)
- OCXO (Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillators)
- OVCXO (Oven Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillators)
- VCXO (Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillators)
- TCXO (Temperature Controlled Crystal Oscillators)
- Resonator Assemblies
- Wave Guides
- Sterilizer Tubes
- Phase Shifters
To see samples of parts we’ve made, please click here.
Medical devices and surgical tools require tight quality controls due the human life impacting aspects of our customers’ parts and assemblies. EB Industries utilizes a quality system that meets the highest industry standards. The accreditation and certifications that we have earned over the years prove our reputation and commitment to quality.
- We are an ISO 9001:2008 and NADCAP-certified organization delivering international quality standards.
- All our welding equipment and operators meet the requirements of the MIL-STD-1595A, AMS-STD-1595A, and AWS D17.1:2000 specifications.
- Our quality control and inspection system is in compliance with the MIL-I-45208A standard and metrology program in accordance with MIL-C-45662A standards.
- We have a long history of meeting proprietary or customer-specified quality standards.
- Our customers say the cleanliness of our facility, and our commitment to quality is unmatched in the industry.
For more information on our quality system, please click here
Add on Services
In addition to welding, Aerospace and Defense parts often require addition processing. EB Industries offers a wide array of services that make us a one stop shop for all your welding related services.
Pre Processing –
- CAD/CAM Product Design and Weld Design
- Tooling Design & Fabrication
- Package Assembly
- Strategic Sourcing and Subcontractor Contract Management
Post Processing –
- Leak Testing
- Electrical Testing
For more information on our Add On Services please click here.
Engineering Consultation and Quotations
We know the best solutions come from collaboration with our customers, and our engineering staff is available to you right at the beginning of your design process. Call now to consult with an engineer about your application at 1-631-293-8565, or fill out an online quotation request. There are also many technical resources available on our website.
Take advantage of the experience and know how that is the hallmark of EB Industries.